Coventry Public Schools Central Registration Office has gone "green". Forms are no longer issued for school registrations and are instead completed via Online Registration Solutions. Please refer to the information below as it pertains to you and your child's registration needs.
Who must register?
All new students entering Coventry Public Schools are required to register with the Central Registration Office.
How do I register my child for school?
- Please click on PowerSchool Registration link (link will open in new tab) and fill-out the required information online via our registration system.
- Make an appointment to complete the verification portion of your student's registration. You will be instructed how to make your appointment as you complete the online registration process.
Central Office Registration Information
By appointment only
Coventry Public Schools
1776 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
The Registrar is located in the Library Media Center that connects the middle and high schools. Please drive in through the Capt. Nathan Hale School's main entrance (1776 Main Street). Go through the parking lot that is in front of the school. At the stop sign, go straight across into the second part lot (Lot C). this is the Library/Media Center. The Registrar will meet you at the locked double doors in the center of the building. Thank you.
What will I need to bring to my registration appointment for the verification portion?
- Parent/Guardian's valid photo identification
- Proof of parent/guardian's residency (mortgage statement or lease agreement AND current utility bill)
- Student's birth certificate (long form) or valid passport
- Student visa, if applicable
- Student Records Request form
- Most recent physical exam and immunization record (all students).
- Copy of Withdrawal Form from prior school (if available)
- Last report card (Grades 1-12)
- Transcripts (High School Only)
Required Residency documents: Proof of residency in Coventry is determined by providing Central Registration with one (1) mandatory item from Category A and one (1) item from Category B. If unable to provide an item from Category B, two (2) items from Category C are required. Please note that residency documents submitted are required to be less than 60 days old and reflect a current Coventry address.
- Mortgage Statement
- Lease - must be unexpired, signed by lessor/lessee and dated
- Copy of property deed if no mortgage statement available
- Section 8 agreement with dates of tenancy
- Notarized Landlord Residency Affidavit if no lease exists or lease is weekly or month to month (Contact the Coventry Public Schools Registration Office for appropriate documentation)
Current utility bill or work order showing service address.
- Natural Gas
- Phone (landline only)
- Cable or satellite
- Valid driver's license (stickers not allowed)
- Valid automobile registration
- Valid CT DMV non-driver's photo identification with current address
- Voter registration
- Current auto or homeowner's insurance declaration page
- Payroll stub
- Bank statement or credit card statement
- Court document
- Letter from any government agency
With Coventry address and dated for most current tax year
- W-2 form
- Auto tax bill
- Property tax bill