Library Media Center
Hello and welcome to the CGS website! Here you will find all sorts of helpful tools to make using the library fun and full of learning. The mission of the CGS Library is to instill in children a love of literature and an excitement for the fascinating facts in the world around them! If you ever have any questions, you can always ask for help. We are here for YOU!--
It's Nutmeg Voting Time!! Please vote for your favorite nominee and we will share the winner in May.
Looking for a good book to read?
Websites that may interest you:
- Storyline Online -- Listen to celebrities read their favorite children's books.
- Between the Lions – Get Wild about Reading!
- Star Fall - A wide variety of activities for emerging readers!
- Mrs. Lodge's Library - Practice your library skills here!
- Unite for Literacy -- Listen to some non-fiction texts here!
- Happy Earth Day- Try these games and learn about taking care of our Earth.
- SnowDays- Have some winter fun online!
- Create Your Own Snowflake- Watch symmetry in motion as you build your own snowflake!
- Winter Fun with Jan Brett- Visit Jan Brett's author page for winter games and fun!
Other Website Databases:
Use our CATALOG of resources. You can search for books and more!
Keyboarding Without Tears is a web-based curriculum for grades K–5 that teaches typing, general computer readiness, digital citizenship, and online test prep. Keyboarding Without Tears makes it easy to teach the pre-keyboarding and keyboarding skills students need to succeed with any assignment, in any setting.
Our Kindergarten links have reading and math resources as well as some other surprises!
Use ABC Mouse, an educational resource that helps grow computer mouse skills.
Reflex's adaptive game based approach has made it the most effective( and most fun!) math fact system ever made!
Scholastic BookFLIX is an engaging online literacy resource.
Use PebbleGo to discover facts that amaze you! *(Parents, please ask your child's teacher for this subscription's username / password.)
A fun search resource, KidRex searches focus on kid related webpages powered safely by Google.
Of course the Booth and Dimock Library is yet another wonderful resource for you to use!