The 2018-2019 school year will mark year six of our one-to-one program at Coventry High School and the first year of our move to Chromebooks. We continue to expect a positive impact on teaching and learning through this transition. Among the many student outcomes we anticipate as we develop and refine use of the technology are the following:
- Increased rigor and relevance through real-world applications
- Increased collaboration in online spaces that allow students to share work and create projects collaboratively both in and out of the classroom
- Increased information literacy for all students through access to digital content including primary and secondary source documents, interactive maps, interactive sites, virtual field trips and other online resources
- Promotion of student engagement, enhanced student motivation, and further self-initiated and self-directed learning
- Enhanced globalization of learning through communication with other learners and experts beyond the walls ofthe classroom
- Increased options for individual and group presentations as students utilize a variety of media to evaluate ideas, trace themes or topics through a variety of sources, justify opinions and ideas, and hone communication skills
- Improved dialogue through classroom polling techniques, interactions between students and teachers in collaborative web spaces, etc.
- Increased support for student development of study skills
Chromebooks are similar in form to a laptop and directly connect to the internet to access key curricular resources, including the Google Suite of applications (including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and Classroom). Below are some helpful resources to provide information regarding the devices and popular programs accessed. We are hopeful that you will find them helpful and excited at the instructional benefits of integrating this new tool.
Chromebook Usage Agreement Form - please note sign-offs will be through PowerSchool Registration this year