Grade 8 iPads
Beginning in the 2016-2017 school year, Capt. Nathan Hale School 8th Grade students will receive an iPad for use in their classes. Distribution will take place during Open House.
We expect a positive impact on teaching and learning through the implementation of the iPad initiative. Among the many student outcomes we anticipate as we develop and refine use of the technology are the following:
- Increased rigor and relevance through real-world applications
- Increased collaboration in online spaces that allow students to share work and create projects collaboratively both in and out of the classroom
- Increased information literacy for all students through access to digital content including primary and secondary source documents, interactive maps, interactive sites, virtual field trips, iBooks, and iTexts
- Promotion of student engagement, enhanced student motivation, and further self-initiated and self-directed learning
- Enhanced globalization of learning through communication with other learners and experts beyond the walls ofthe classroom
- Increased options for individual and group presentations as students utilize a variety of media to evaluate ideas, trace themes or topics through a variety of sources, justify opinions and ideas, and hone communication skills
- Improved dialogue through classroom polling techniques, interactions between students and teachers in collaborative web spaces, etc.
- Increased support for student development of study skills