Coventry Public Schools Home

New Student Registration

Welcome to Coventry Public Schools!

Coventry Public Schools, located in eastern Connecticut, is committed to ensuring that every school-aged child residing within the school district has equal access to public education. We look forward to working with you throughout the enrollment process.

Who must register?

All new students entering Coventry Public Schools (PreK-12) are required to register.

How do I register my child for school?

If you are registering your child for grades K-12

Please click on Enrollment Express Coventry Public Schools Pre-Registration and fill out the required information. 

Once the registrar has reviewed it, you will receive an email from with further instructions on how to complete the registration process. Please note - if you are registering multiple children, you will receive an email for each child. Please check your Junk folder if you do not see it in your Inbox within 1-2 days.

If you are registering your child for Pre-K

Families wishing to register for the preschool must first complete the initial registration at the HEEC Preschool Registration page. Once the initial registration is complete, you will be contacted by HEEC via email for next steps.


If you have any registration questions

Please contact the Registrar at (860) 742-7334 x4269 or at If you need technical assistance with completing the forms, or need help creating/adding a student to your account, please email us at




For information regarding health documentation that must be submitted prior to your child starting school, please Click here to access the Registration - Health Form Requirements page of our website.

Required Registration Documents


1. Proof of parent/guardian’s residency (mortgage statement or lease agreement AND current utility bill)
2. Student’s birth certificate or valid passport

When completing the online forms, you will have the opportunity to upload your documents. If you are unable to use this feature, or need to submit documents at a later date, please know there is a lockbox at the main entrance of your child’s school. Please make sure to drop the documents off at the appropriate school for your child.

If you have any questions regarding requested documentation, please contact our registrar at 860-742-7334 x4269.


Residency Requirements

Required Residency documents: Proof of residency in Coventry is determined by providing Central Registration with one (1) mandatory item from Category A and one (1) item from Category B. If unable to provide an item from Category B, two (2) items from Category C are required. Please note that residency documents submitted are required to be less than 60 days old and reflect a current Coventry address.

Category A

  • Mortgage Statement
  • Lease - must be unexpired, signed by lessor/lessee and dated
  • Copy of property deed if no mortgage statement available
  • Section 8 agreement with dates of tenancy
  • Notarized Certification of Residency form and supporting documents if no lease exists or lease is weekly or month to month (Contact the Coventry Public Schools Registration Office for appropriate documentation)

Category B

Current utility bill or work order showing service address.

Examples include:

  • Electricity
  • Natural Gas
  • Phone (landline only)
  • Cable or satellite
  • Water

Category C

  • Valid driver's license (stickers not allowed)
  • Valid automobile registration
  • Valid CT DMV non-driver's photo identification with current address
  • Voter registration
  • Current auto or homeowner's insurance declaration page
  • Payroll stub
  • Bank statement or credit card statement
  • Court document
  • Letter from any government agency

With Coventry address and dated for most current tax year

  • W-2 form
  • Auto tax bill
  • Property tax bill



Coventry Public Schools registration practices are in compliance with the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact our Pupil & Staff Support Services Office at 860-742-7317 ext. 4 .