New Student Registration
Welcome to Coventry Public Schools!
Coventry Public Schools, located in eastern Connecticut, is committed to ensuring that every school-aged child residing within the school district has equal access to public education. We look forward to working with you throughout the enrollment process.
Who must register?
All new students entering Coventry Public Schools (PreK-12) are required to register.
Families wishing to register for the preschool must first complete the initial registration at the HEEC Preschool Registration page. Once the initial registration is complete, you will be contacted by HEEC via email for next steps.
How do I register my child for school?
Please click on Enrollment Express Pre-Registration and fill out the required information. If you are registering more than one child, you will fill out the form for your first child and click the “Apply to School” button. That button will then change to “Enroll Another.” Click on that button in order to fill out the form for your next child.
Once you have completed the pre-registration form(s), and the registrar has reviewed it, you will receive an email from CoventryRegistration@coventryct.org with further instructions on how to complete the registration process. Please note - if you are registering multiple children, you will receive an email for each child. Please check your Junk folder if you do not see it in your Inbox within 1-2 days.
If you have any registration questions, please contact the Registrar at (860) 742-7334 x4269 or at email@example.com. If you need technical assistance with completing the forms, or need help creating/adding a student to your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Registration Documents
1. Proof of parent/guardian’s residency (mortgage statement or lease agreement AND current utility bill)
2. Student’s birth certificate or valid passport
3. Student’s Release of Information form
4. Most recent physical exam and immunization record (all students)
When completing the online forms, you will have the opportunity to upload your documents. If you are unable to use this feature, or need to submit documents at a later date, please know there is a lockbox at the main entrance of the Coventry Public Schools Administration Building.
If you have any questions regarding requested documentation, please contact our registrar at 860-742-7334 x4269.
Required Residency documents: Proof of residency in Coventry is determined by providing Central Registration with one (1) mandatory item from Category A and one (1) item from Category B. If unable to provide an item from Category B, two (2) items from Category C are required. Please note that residency documents submitted are required to be less than 60 days old and reflect a current Coventry address.
- Mortgage Statement
- Lease - must be unexpired, signed by lessor/lessee and dated
- Copy of property deed if no mortgage statement available
- Section 8 agreement with dates of tenancy
- Notarized Certification of Residency form and supporting documents if no lease exists or lease is weekly or month to month (Contact the Coventry Public Schools Registration Office for appropriate documentation)
Current utility bill or work order showing service address.
- Natural Gas
- Phone (landline only)
- Cable or satellite
- Valid driver's license (stickers not allowed)
- Valid automobile registration
- Valid CT DMV non-driver's photo identification with current address
- Voter registration
- Current auto or homeowner's insurance declaration page
- Payroll stub
- Bank statement or credit card statement
- Court document
- Letter from any government agency
With Coventry address and dated for most current tax year
- W-2 form
- Auto tax bill
- Property tax bill
- Directions and Support for Completing Online Registration
- Certification of Residence Form
- Free and Reduced Lunch Application 21-22
- Free and Reduced Sharing Information
- Frequently Asked Questions about Free and Reduced Price School Meals
- Health Assessment Record (CGS/GHR/CNH/CHS)
- Health Assessment Record Preschool (HEEC)
- Husky Health Program Information
- K-12 Student Handbook 21-22
- Release of Information Form
- School Communications
- Vaccinations Information (English / Spanish)
Coventry Public Schools registration practices are in compliance with the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact our Pupil & Staff Support Services Office at 860-742-7317 ext. 4 .