To: Coventry Families
From: Dr. David J. Petrone, Superintendent of Schools
Date: April 28, 2021
Location Impacted: Coventry High School
What: A member of our school community is positive with COVID-19.
Details You Need to Know:
● All details surrounding this case were reported to and reviewed by the Eastern Highlands Health District (EHHD).
● This case will be reported to the Department of Public Health via their case submission system.
● This individual was present in the school community during their infectivity period. A contact tracing investigation was completed. As a result, this requires specific members of the school community to quarantine. If your child was within the parameters outlined in the contact tracing investigation (see below), you have already heard directly from a staff member of Coventry Public Schools. We do not need to shift to a different instructional model.
● A contact tracing investigation looks for any individual who spent 15 minutes or more, within 6 feet of a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
● When school is in session, spaces that are utilized during the day at each of our schools are sanitized every night. In addition, all high touch surfaces throughout our buildings are disinfected. Please be assured, we are adhering strictly to these protocols.
● The school environment continues to be a safe place for staff and students. We believe this is due, in large part, to the many mitigation strategies we have in place, coupled with our cleaning protocols.
● We maintain our commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and students.
● We thank parents for their support and patience as we navigate the many challenges of operating a school district during these times.
● We encourage parents to seek out additional information related to the Coventry Public Schools reopening plan and communications previously sent, on our website at
Please do not hesitate to contact my office with questions.
Superintendent of Schools
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
Tel: (860) 742-7317 x2
Parent Email - Important Information
To: Coventry Families