Families will receive communication before school begins about how to access their child’s information via PowerSchool Parent Portal Accounts. This system allows parents/guardians to update their child’s information and to electronically sign all annual forms per district practices.
Registration for all NEW students using the digital portal is currently available. Parents/guardians are asked to visit the district website at www.coventrypublicschools.org, and click on Registration, or click on the “District” link on the top of the page, and then the “New Student Registration” link. After completing the on-line pre-registration form and it is approved, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with directions on how to complete the registration process. If you need assistance with this process, please email us at email@example.com.
If access to a computer is needed to initiate registering a student with the Coventry Public Schools, please contact the Director of Educational Technology, Ms. Cathie Drury, at 860-742-7346, Ext. 4278, to make arrangements to use a school computer.
The first day of school for PK-12 students is Wednesday, August 31, 2022, - this is a full day for students.
Please note the following site-specific information:
Hale Early Education Center (PreK), 1776 Main Street, Coventry, 860-742-4550
- Tuesday, August 30, will provide time for a “Come and See Day” for students. Parents/guardians and students can meet their teachers, visit their classroom, and see the entire preschool center between 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Coventry Grammar School (CGS) (Grades K-2), 3453 Main Street, Coventry, 860-742-7313
- The final summer story time will be held on Saturday, August 20 from 10:00 – 10:30 a.m. in the CGS outdoor classroom, located in the back of the school. A book swap for children and adults is available for all to enjoy. All K-2 students and families are welcome.
- Coventry Grammar School will host the annual Principal’s Picnic on Thursday, August 25 from 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Families should bring a picnic dinner to enjoy. Popsicles will be provided for dessert, thanks to PTO. This event will be held rain or shine. Please note, this is not a meet the teacher evening. It is designed for families and children to visit and play.
- Coventry Grammar School will host an official “Meet and Greet” on Tuesday, August 30 from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. This is a chance to visit the classroom, meet your child’s teacher, drop off supplies, and shake out the first day of school jitters. There will be a bus ride for students to practice on the big bus. There is no formal presentation. Drop in anytime within the hour.
- If your child will be a bus rider, it is optimal to have your child ride the bus starting on the first day of school. This assists the bus driver with getting to know the route and know your child. You are welcome to follow the bus and meet your child at school for first day of school pictures. At the end of the day, an adult is required to be at the stop to receive the child.
- REMINDER: A Connecticut State Health Assessment Record must be on file for all kindergarten students by Tuesday, August 30, in order for these students to start school on Wednesday, August 31.
George H. Robertson School (GHR) (Grades 3-5), 227 Cross Street, 860-742-7341
- “Tours with the Principal” are scheduled for incoming Grade 3 students and new families on Tuesday, August 9 at 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. and Monday, August 15 at 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. (no appointment necessary). Tours will be approximately 45 minutes long.
- GHR will hold an informal “Meet Your Teacher” event for all students on Monday, August 29, from 2:45 – 3:30 p.m. Families can meet their teacher(s) and get prepared for the first day of school!
Capt. Nathan Hale Middle School (Grades 6-8), 1776 Main Street, 860-742-7334, Ext. 4382
- After pre‐registering and meeting with the Registrar, parents of students new to the district will be contacted by a school counselor in late August to meet and discuss their child’s schedule. Students entering Grade 8 may be required to complete a math placement exam.
- Orientation (informal) for all incoming Grade 6 students, and those students new to the district, will be held on Tuesday, August 30 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Details about this orientation will be mailed home to families in August.
Coventry High School (Grades 9-12), 78 Ripley Hill Road, 860-742-7346, Ext. 4160
- After pre‐registering and meeting with the Registrar, parents of students new to the district should make arrangements to meet with their school counselor to obtain a course schedule.
- Orientation (informal), for all incoming Grade 9 students and any students new to the district or building, will be held on Tuesday, August 30 from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. Student schedules will be given out during orientation and will be available in PowerSchool. Transportation will be provided to school by the M & J Bus Co. Students will need to make arrangements for a ride home.
- All students will report to their assigned Advisory on the first day of school to receive their schedule. Advisory rooms will be posted throughout the school for reference.
- Athletic registrations must be completed online at www.familyid.com/organizations/coventry-athletic-department. All families must also update their personal contact information each year through the PowerSchool portal. Football begins August 15, 2022. Cross-country, Volleyball, and Soccer begin August 25, 2022. Please remember that athletes must have a current physical on file with the school nurse in order to participate. Physicals are valid for 13 months and should be submitted to the school nurse. Sports physical forms are available on the school website or in the main office. Please arrange for an appointment with your own physician. Remember that HUSKY low‐cost or free health coverage is now available. Call 1‐877‐CT‐HUSKY for details. If you have any questions please contact the Athletic Director at 860‐742‐7346, Ext. 4549.
Coventry Academy (Grades 9-12), 78 Ripley Hill Road, 860-742-7346, Ext. 3532
- Orientation (informal), for all incoming Coventry Academy students will be held on Tuesday, August 30 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm. Student schedules will be distributed and available in PowerSchool. Students will need to have their own transportation.
Please see our website at www.coventrypublicschools.org for additional information regarding bus schedules later in August.
The Coventry Public Schools does not discriminate in any educational or vocational program, activity, employment, or promotional opportunities on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability (including pregnancy), age, religion, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by the Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Inquiries regarding the Coventry Public Schools’ non-discrimination policies should be directed to:
Dr. Beth Giller, Director of Pupil and Staff Support Services,
Title IX Coordinator, and 504 Coordinator
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
860-742-7317, Ext. 4