To: Coventry Families
From: Dr. David J. Petrone, Superintendent of Schools
Date: September 13, 2021
Locations Impacted: Coventry Grammar School (CGS) and G. H. Robertson School (GHR)
What: Four members of our school community are positive with COVID-19.
Details You Need to Know:
● All details surrounding these cases were reported to and reviewed by the Eastern Highlands Health District (EHHD).
● These cases will be reported to the Department of Public Health via their case submission system.
● One individual at CGS and one individual at GHR were not present in the school
community during their infectivity period. As a result, related to these cases, this does not require anyone to quarantine.
● One individual at CGS and one individual at GHR were present in the school community during their infectivity period. Contact tracing investigations were completed. Related to these cases, this requires specific members of the school community to quarantine. If your child was within the parameters outlined in the contact tracing investigation (see below), you have already heard directly from a staff member of Coventry Public Schools.
● A contact tracing investigation looks for any individual who spent 15 minutes or more, within 3 feet of a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
● When school is in session, spaces that are utilized during the day at each of our schools are sanitized every night. Please be assured, we are adhering strictly to cleaning protocols.
● The school environment continues to be a safe place for staff and students. We believe this is due, in large part, to the many mitigation strategies we have in place, coupled with our cleaning protocols.
● We maintain our commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and students.
● We encourage parents to seek out additional information related to the Coventry Public Schools reopening plan and communications previously sent, on our website at
We continue to thank parents for their support and patience as we navigate the many challenges of operating a school district during these times. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with questions.
Superintendent of Schools
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
Tel: (860) 742-7317 x2