We are thrilled to hear that the bus strike has ended, and we can resume our regular schedule and programming! We cannot thank you enough for your patience, positive attitude, sense of humor and understanding throughout this unprecedented event. It is hard to believe, but we only had three “normal” days before the disruption. As such, I wanted to reach out with a reminder regarding arrival, dismissal and the regular school day.
1. All transportation plans arranged with the office before the bus strike - will automatically resume tomorrow, September 12th.
2. There will no longer be extended care at CGS. This includes CGS/rec daze AM, early drop off and late pick-up
3. School Hours are:
1. Arrival 8:10-8:30 am
1. If your child will be eating breakfast, please bring them to school as close to 8:10 am as possible so they have enough time to eat and be able to be in their classroom promptly at 8:30.
2. Any students arriving after 8:30 am are considered tardy. Parents must park, walk to the door, and sign their student in.
2. Dismissal 3:10-3:30 pm
1. If you plan to dismiss your student prior to 3:10pm, please send in a note with your student. Students are engaged in learning activities and some classes are in specials right up until 3:05. Knowing well in advance a child is being dismissed allows the office and teachers time to prepare.
2. A reminder that the front of the building needs to be clear of vehicles in case of an emergency. If you arrive prior 2:30 to pick up, you will need to stay behind the “stop” signs in case emergency vehicles need to access the building.
Thank you again for your partnership these past two weeks! We appreciate you and look forward to a great year ahead.
With kind regards,