Coventry Rises to the Top in Niche Rankings
Recently released information from Niche recognized Coventry Public Schools (CPS) as one of the best school districts in Connecticut. The district was ranked the 2023 #1 Best School District in Tolland County and #31 out of 116 in the state. Individual Coventry schools did well also: the Capt. Nathan Hale School (CNH) is #2 in middle schools in Tolland County and #45 state-wide; and both the G. H. Robertson School (GHR) and Coventry High School (CHS) are #3 in their categories in Tolland County.
According to the Niche website, “The 2023 Best School Districts ranking is based on rigorous analysis of key statistics and millions of reviews from students and parents using data from the U.S. Department of Education. Ranking factors include state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality, public school district ratings, and more.”
Contributing factors to these rankings include, but are not limited to, some of the following recent accomplishments at Coventry Public Schools:
• GHR National Blue Ribbon School (2020)
• CHS Principal named by CAS as Principal of the Year
• CPS Winner of CABE’s 2022 Bonnie B. Carney Award of Excellence for EducationalCommunication
• CPS Director of Finance awarded 2021 Best Practices Award from CASBO
• CNH Awarded New England League of Middle Schools Spotlight School Recognition
• GHR Achieved “School of Distinction” (Next Gen Accountability System) Three Years in aRow
• CHS Teacher awarded CT Reading Association Award of Excellence (2021)
• CNH School of Distinction by the State Dept of Education - Exceptional work recognizing Veterans
• CHS Teachers – Participants in Advanced Placement Program Reading
• CPS University of Connecticut Site District
This information was provided Dr. David J. Petrone. Please contact Dr. Petrone at 860-742-7317 x2 with questions.