To: Coventry Families
From: Dr. David J. Petrone, Superintendent of Schools
Date: January 17, 2023
There were a total of 17 members of our school community noted as positive with COVID-19 during the two week period of January 3 - January 16, 2023. That number is broken down by site as follows:
● Coventry Grammar School: 3
● G. H. Robertson School: 3
● Capt. Nathan Hale School: 7
● Coventry High School: 4
● These cases will be reported to the Department of Public Health via their case submission system.
● When school is in session, spaces that are utilized during the day at each of our schools are sanitized every night. Please be assured, we are adhering strictly to cleaning protocols.
● The school environment continues to be a safe place for staff and students. We believe this is due, in large part, to the many mitigation strategies we have in place, coupled with our cleaning protocols.
● We maintain our commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and students.
● We encourage parents to seek out additional information via our Launching into Healthy Learning Safe Return to In-Person Instruction and Continuity of Services Plan 2022-23
We continue to thank parents for their support. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with questions.
Superintendent of Schools
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
Tel: (860) 742-7317 x2