To: Coventry Families
From: Dr. David J. Petrone, Superintendent of Schools
Date: June 16, 2022
There were a total of 15 members of our school community noted as positive with COVID-19 during the week of June 6 to June 16, 2022. That number is broken down by site as follows:
● Hale Early Education Center: 6
● Coventry Grammar School: 2
● G. H. Robertson School: 2
● Capt. Nathan Hale School: 3
● Coventry High School: 2
● These cases will be reported to the Department of Public Health via their case submission system.
● When school is in session, spaces that are utilized during the day at each of our schools are sanitized every night. Please be assured, we are adhering strictly to cleaning protocols.
● The school environment continues to be a safe place for staff and students. We believe this is due, in large part, to the many mitigation strategies we have in place, coupled with our cleaning protocols.
● We maintain our commitment to providing a safe and healthy environment for our staff and students.
● We encourage parents to seek out additional information related to the Coventry Public Schools reopening plan and communications previously sent, on our website at https://www.coventrypublicschools.org/2021-reopening
We continue to thank parents for their support and patience as we navigate the many challenges of operating a school district during these times. Please do not hesitate to contact my office with questions.
Superintendent of Schools
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
Tel: (860) 742-7317 x2