Dear Coventry Families,
I wanted to provide an update regarding the possible bus drivers strike. A short time ago, we received clarification from the Teamsters that if there is a strike, the first day would be Tuesday, September 5 (not Friday, September 1).
As such, Tuesday, September 5 would be the day that Coventry schools would begin early drop off and late pick up. Again, that information is available below.
Coventry Grammar School and G. H. Robertson School
● Students can start being dropped off at 7:30 a.m.
● All students must be picked up no later than 4:30 p.m.
Capt. Nathan Hale Middle School and Coventry High School
● Students can start being dropped off at 7:00 a.m.
● All students must be picked up no later than 4:15 p.m.
A few items of which to be aware:
● Should an agreement be reached between M & J Bus and the Teamsters prior to September 1, we will notify families immediately.
● We kindly ask that families only use this extended supervision if necessary to avoid overwhelming
● This potential strike would also impact the operation of our late bus service, which will affect our athletes and those who stay for other after school activities.
● To ensure we have adequate supervision, we ask that families sign up for this service by completing a google form for each school at which your child(ren) attends.
Please complete a form for each child by clicking the link below:
CGS: CGS Extended Supervision Form
GHR: GHR Extended Supervision Form
CNH: CNH Extended Supervision Form
CHS: CHS Extended Supervision Form
As I stated on Friday, we are optimistic that an agreement will be reached and it will not be necessary to implement this extended schedule. I will keep you updated as soon as I have any updated information.
David J. Petrone, Ed.D.
Coventry Public Schools
1700 Main Street
Coventry, CT 06238
860-742-7317 ext 2