CHS Summer Reading Program 2021
This year’s summer reading program empowers students to select one book (yes, that is right, one book) of their choice and can be a fiction or nonfiction text. For additional support while reading, students are required to complete a reading graphic organizer which not only supports their analysis but also prepares them for a “Book Talk” upon returning to school. This reading organizer will be used as their summer reading assessment and will be counted as their first grade in their English classes.
Please know that students do not need to purchase their books but may visit Booth and Dimock for curbside pick up or one the four Little Free Libraries around town. Visit the following websites for more information on how to obtain this year’s summer reading book:
- Booth and Dimock Library curbside pickup: https://www.coventrypl.org/
- To locate a Little Free Library near you visit: https://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
- CHS Library (until June 8th): https://forms.gle/yaCvyWjnNWVShUPX8
- Sora eBooks/audiobooks: https://soraapp.com/welcome or
download the Sora app
- "I have a setup code" --> "coventryct" --> "Choose an account" --> Sign in with Google (cpsctg.org) --> Settings --> Libraries --> "Bibliomation" - over 20,000 books.
Google Classroom Summer Reading JOIN CODE: subrjbv
If you have any questions regarding the summer reading program, please contact English Department Chair, Christine Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org or Reading Specialist Ms. Harris at email@example.com.
*****BE SURE TO SELECT AND COMPLETE THE APPROPRIATE READING LOG FOR THE BOOK YOU CHOOSE!*****
Below is the link to both organizers as well.