We the staff of the George Hersey Robertson Intermediate School recognize and affirm our responsibility for advancing the goals of the Board of Education. In so doing we are committed to enhancing the essential partnership with parents and community.
We accept our roles as facilitators and motivators of learning as we provide a stimulating environment for growth. Students’ acquisition of basic skills will be paralleled by the development of a supporting belief in ones self, a sensitivity and caring for others, and a healthy respect for individual differences, regardless of what those differences might be.
- Provide a safe, supportive, nurturing and structured environment for the student.
- Teach all students a sound core curriculum that includes the related arts.
- Define and reinforce clear expectations for children.
- Teach in a style that addresses the needs of the students.
- Teach and foster individual responsibility.
- Encourage and model lifelong learning.