Library Media Center
Welcome to the
Bell Memorial Library!
This web page is designed to help you locate and use resources from Library Media class independently. Once you are comfortable using this library, all kinds of doors will open for you. However, if you ever have a question, please ask us for help or reach out to our Library Media Specialist.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTES:
- Stay tuned for Nutmeg voting links in April and the announcement of new nominees on May 1st!
- Activities will change regularly so come back often!
- You can ask for tech help from home by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grade 4 students are invited to visit their PLTW Google Classrooms and try the extension activity named "Final Project" for directions if they'd like to design & code their own games.
- Keep scrolling to the Student Resources section for more of your favorites!
- Distance Learning Flipgrid: Say hello and share a video for me to approve of what you've been up to! Flipcode phillips7972
- What 2020 Nutmeg Nominee is your favorite? Read opinions from your friends or share your thoughts on this Padlet by clicking the + sign to add a post.
- Subscribe to Ms. DeRagon's YouTube channel to enjoy her read alouds.
- Sign up for free accounts to ABCmouse's Adventure Academy (grades 3-8) or ReadingIQ (preK-gr. 6) with the code: SCHOOL1565 for valuable educational content.
- Scholastic Learn At Home has day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- Watch Common Sense Media videos to keep your Digital Citizenship skill sharp!
- Try this March themed Digital Breakout Game for a real challenge! Read the pages, click links and photos to unlock clues and submit your answers by clicking on the digital number, letter or color lock you think you've solved. Good luck!
- World Read Aloud Flipgrid - You may watch the posted videos by Coventry friends. If you'd like to submit a video for me to approve the Flipcode is: phillips6776
- Audible is offering free audio book access to students 0-18 years of age.
- Try these ebooks for Research through Ebsco.
- AudioBookCloud is offering their childrens book collection for free at this time.
- Enjoy the TumbleBookLibrary K-6 audiobook database.
- Storyline Online- Here you can watch famous actors read to you.
- Story Time From Space- Watch real astronauts read to you while in Space!
Looking for something to read?
Our online CATALOG can be accessed from anywhere.
Connecticut's Nutmeg Book Award website.
Hear some non-fiction books narrated. You can even listen in different languages!
Visit our town library's catalog for more ideas!
Internet Search Options: Use these resources to search safely.
Access our Listening Comprehension lessons.
- Do you know how to spot "fake news" online? Try Common Sense Media to learn 5 easy tips!
- Remember the RADCAB acronym too!
Now test your skills:
Do you believe these are reliable websites?
-Can you help save this endangered species?
-Help your dog have a happier life!
-Learn about some of our most famous explorers
-Try this new version of water!
Do you have some free time ? Here are some links you may try:
Wonderopolis: Where the wonders of learning never cease!Free Rice : Learn something new AND help feed the hungry!
What Should I Read Next?: Find your next great read!
ABCya Word Search Generator: Make a word search for your classmates!
Interland: Learn more about online safety!
Mrs. Lodge's Library Game: Become a master Library Shelver!
Become a Digital Citizen: Watch these 18 Internet Safety videos for kids.
Watson the Walrus teaches you online safety. Play games and learn more!
Tinkercad: Learn how to engineer and design a 3D print!
Have some holiday fun with Technology!